Vindico

Wash my sins away

Indian

Citlali Deerheart Offline

Loner of Vindico
18 Seasons / Female / Familiar
Played by FennecFyre
140 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
*
Citlali's Health
 
 
Strength
0
Defence
3
Agility
7
Intuition
10
#1
Her fault.

This was all her fault. She shouldn't have tried to get away, she shouldn't have fought back. She should have let him do what he wished, if only to spare both of their lives. Now her master's son was dead, and she was sure to follow if anyone ever caught her.

The she-wolf had fled from her master's estate in Tantus, carrying the stench of blood with her. She had snapped her antlers off in a desperate attempt to leave her crime behind, but she could still feel it--the weight of flesh against tine for one moment, then a sudden and sickening give as they sunk into his throat. The sharp pain of open wounds had become a dull and feverish ache as she pulled herself towards gods-only-knew where, forcing one paw in front of the other. She knew she should find herbs to stave off the infection that her bloody scabs invited, but she couldn't bring herself to care. She was a runaway and a murderer--what was her life worth anyway?

The mountain's peaks were hidden in fog today as a cool spring rain drizzled down. The rocky, lichen-covered slopes loomed in the distance before her as she came to a pause. She tottered unsteadily as she looked about, recognizing the range that housed Haeria's largest settlement. She had never been there herself, in fact, this was as far as she had ever gone from home. And it seemed this was as far as she would ever get. As she moved to descend the small hill she was standing on, she felt her paws slip in the wet grass. With a yelp, she lost her footing and fell, tumbling down the slope to come to rest in a pathetic heap, drenched by a shallow puddle. When her attempts to rise only brought pain, she resigned herself and went limp, tucking her wings over her in a feeble attempt to retain some warmth around her body. She was hungry, tired, and hurting, and after everything she just wanted to go to sleep and never wake up. Maybe she could just drift away, rather than wait for someone to find her and drag her back to be torn to shreds.
[Image: citmythjumpsummer_by_fennecfyre-d86la05.png]
Reply
Indian Madar Offline

Crafter of Noa
19 Seasons / Male / Familiar
Played by Dee
110 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
*
Indian's Health
 
 
Strength
0
Defence
0
Agility
20
Intuition
0
#2
                           
                               
                     
Indian Madar
@Citlali

               
                   

Far away from home. Today he hadn't left the capital with a purpose as he usually did, he had nothing to buy and nothing to sell today. It was just a simple desire to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city and escape for even a short time to the countryside. Normally his path would take him down the main path through the city and then the lower terraces all the way to Tantus and through the fields there. But a strange itch would cause him to head instead out the southern exits that lead towards the mountious slopes. He would offer brief nods to those that he passed, recognizing a few from daily life in the city. It was a good day, a fine day... So why did he want to get away?

The giant man would slip as easily as possible for one of his size through the doorway that lead through the outer wall of the city. Just beyond was wilderness, untouched and untamed. A slow breath would be drawn in before he would set off, talons clacking on the stone as he hopped along the side. Every so often wings would unfurl slightly, offering to catch his balance before tucking neatly along his sides one more. Feathers would ruffle, fluffing up in a strangely avien mannor befor laying day again. He had no real intention of where he was to go today, just a feeling that he could continue on at this elevation.

The yelp was what would draw his attention to his company, neck swivelling suddenly to the point where it almost seemed to snap. Sharp gaze would study his surrounding until the brief sound of a struggle would cause him to move once more. Talons would grip at the rocks as he Marengo his way forward. Though he didn't find what he had exprected... At the bottom of a slope lay a brown heap, a familiar brown heap. Though despite the familiarity something was off, where were her antlers? Why did she smell of blood?

"Citlali?"

Voice was tentative as he allowed himself to slide down the floor towards her; one tallied hand reaching forth tentativly in an attempt to touch her shoulder. What had happened? Was she alright? He didn't know her well, their encounters limited to the few times he had traveled down to Tantus to collect supplies for himself rather then sending and apprentice. But he knew her well enough not to turn a blind eye and pass her by, slave or not...


"Speak"
               
               
           
Table Code © The Amazing CHIP! Art © Nanarc
[Image: Fncjl2X.png]
Reply
Citlali Deerheart Offline

Loner of Vindico
18 Seasons / Female / Familiar
Played by FennecFyre
140 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
*
Citlali's Health
 
 
Strength
0
Defence
3
Agility
7
Intuition
10
#3
As she lay in the mud, she could feel the cold leeching into her, slowly numbing her skin to the stinging chill. It was almost...pleasant, in a way. She could feel herself drifting away, the throbbing pain of her broken-off antlers slowly fading as she detached from her body. It wouldn't be difficult at all. She'd just close her eyes and let the rain lull her to sleep. Just had to wait a little while longer--

"Citlali?"

She heard a voice from far away, calling her. Mother? Had her dam come to see her to the afterlife? But this was not her voice. It was male, yet still somehow familiar. Next, a taloned paw kneaded her shoulder, the sensation dull against her chilled, soaked body. Puzzlement served to rouse her enough to open her eyes, head turning a fraction of an inch to better see the wolf before her.

It was the iridescent blue feathers that she recognized first. She had always thought his plumage was beautiful, a thousand shades of sky and ocean mingling together. And he had always been so kind to her when he came to do business with her master. She had always enjoyed his visits. But this...it couldn't be him. Why would he out in weather like this? What were the odds of him finding her?

She forced her head to raise as she looked up at him blearily. His form sharpened as her remaining good eye focused on him, and a look of confusion crossed her features. "Indian? Is that you?" She knew he wasn't a mercenary, he couldn't have been sent to drag her home, but then what was he doing here?
[Image: citmythjumpsummer_by_fennecfyre-d86la05.png]
Reply
Indian Madar Offline

Crafter of Noa
19 Seasons / Male / Familiar
Played by Dee
110 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
*
Indian's Health
 
 
Strength
0
Defence
0
Agility
20
Intuition
0
#4

you can't wake up
this is not a dream
Why was she out here in this weather? It was warm enough out but the rain made it easy to catch a chill and the ground was cold and unforgiving as ever up here. Mud on stone was never very warm after all... She would roll her head slightly, eyes open as she blinked up at him. Slowly he would allow a wing to extend, looking to allow the azure plumage to cover her from the rain at least for a time. She seemed to stare at him for a long while and slowly he would take in little details about her, like the fact it looked like her antlers had been snapped from her skull. A shudder ran down his spine as he shifted his gaze from her head back to her own eyes. She wouldn't speak for now as she rose her head a bit and continued to stare. He would withdraw a taloned hand, allowing it to come to rest on the ground once more even as he lowered his head a bit to study her. Finally she would speak, words drifting out as she said his name and asked if it was him. A slow smile would touch his lips as he nodded, moving his wing slightly to flick the water away before once more using it to cover her. "Of course, Citlali what are you doing out here?" He would ask, more concerned now as he lifted a taloned hand once more. He would not touch her this time, fingers instead coming to hover near her cheek as he once more focused on her missing antlers and the wounds their very obviously forced removal had left.

"We should get you out of the rain... Come back to my house, you can warm up there if you like...?" She looked frozen, almost delirious the way she looked at him. He wasn't much of a healer but he could call for one if they got back to the capital. Again taloned hand would lower, not wanting to crowd her too much. It was obvious something had happened but his first instinct was not that she had done something, it was more along the lines that she had been out and been attacked. But who would do such a thing so close to the capital? Did they have a murderer on the loose? He couldn't remember the last time something like that had happened here, at least not since he had started living here. Was there a feral out here that was hunting her? Were they both in danger? He found himself feeling a bit anxious, worried that they weren't alone and that the danger wasn't gone. They would have to get out of here as soon as possible...





x


@Citlali
[Image: Fncjl2X.png]
Reply
Citlali Deerheart Offline

Loner of Vindico
18 Seasons / Female / Familiar
Played by FennecFyre
140 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
*
Citlali's Health
 
 
Strength
0
Defence
3
Agility
7
Intuition
10
#5
Still rattled from her experience, she flinched slightly as he extended a wing towards her, but realized quickly that he was only trying to shield her from the weather, not strike her. He had never given her reason to fear him. Even as she felt herself sag with relief at his presence, however, even as she wanted to follow him home and leave her crimes behind, she couldn't shake the fear of pursuit. His question only caused her to dip her head in shame, flanks quivering as she remembered the moment. "I can't--I-I don't want to talk about it..." she whispered, feeling her throat close up. "I'm sorry." She couldn't bring herself to tell him what had happened, what she had done. Not right now. All she wanted to do was curl up somewhere and try to forget, to find just a little respite away from the terror coursing through her.

She knew that he deserved an explanation, but she was also frightened at the idea of letting anyone know what she had done. He had always been kind to her, yes, but that didn't negate the vast difference between them. He was of noble blood, a craftsman prodigy. She was property, a halfblooded mistake that should have never been born. Nobody would have faulted him for returning her to her master to face justice. Despite this, he offered his home to her, in and away from the rain and cold. She had been content to lie here and wait for the endless sleep to take her away, but now there was an ember of hope smoldering within her. Her animalistic will to survive--and her amazement at Indian's altruism--was beginning to overrule her despair.

She murmured agreement, trying once more to rise to her feet. Her shoulder was aching where she had fallen, but she forced herself up, tottering unsteadily before him. Mud and rainwater clung to her pelt, and she took a few steps away from him before she shook, trying to dispel the worst of it. She knew better than to track mud into a citizen's home. When she had shaken off what she could without sending herself toppling back into the mud, she tucked her wings in tightly and looked back at Indian, waiting for his next command. She'd place herself in his paws for the moment, at least until she could tuck all her pain and terror away deep within her soul. She didn't know what lay in her future, but she'd just have to deal with it when it arrived.

@Indian
[Image: citmythjumpsummer_by_fennecfyre-d86la05.png]
Reply
Indian Madar Offline

Crafter of Noa
19 Seasons / Male / Familiar
Played by Dee
110 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
*
Indian's Health
 
 
Strength
0
Defence
0
Agility
20
Intuition
0
#6

you can't wake up
this is not a dream
He would be an idiot not to notice her flinch at his motions. Despite the fact that he moved slowly she was still jumpy. What had happened? She would speak once more, stating that she didn't want to talk about it, that she wasn't ready and slowly his head would lower in submission. He didn't want to leave the question alone but for now he would release it until a later time when she was feeling better and felt she could talk. She almost looked like she was in shock, apologizing for being unable to speak about it. He wasn't about to push her... The massive oceanic beast would frown, truly concerned but he would not push and further. There was a time and a place for questions to have answers and this was neither.

Eventually she would make a sound, a half hearted agreement to his invitation to his home. Soft smile would touch his lips as the man slowly lowered his head to come down more to her level. She would raise herself slowly onto unsteady limbs, his wing was immediately arching around her though it would not touch, and he would be there to support her if needed. She would move away from him and he would not follow as she sought to shake the water and mud from her pelt. Cit would glance back at him he would dutifully step forward, looking to come shoulder to shoulder with her, wing still outstretched to offer coverage to the smaller woman. "Come I'll show you to my home..." He would offer before setting off, making sure to match her pace despite the fact that he would remain a few steps forward in an obviously leading positing.

"Should we pick anything up before? I have some bandages and salves at home... But we can go to the market first if you need." He would offer. The little bit he knew abutter was that she knew about herbs, at least that was what her master had told him in passing on one of his adventures down to Tantus to collect supplies. He knew how to treat minor wounds such as burns and cuts but that was about it... Even for that he usually called for a healer as well, he was always cautious with his apprentices or himself. It was better to pay a little extra to have it done right the first time then to risk infection in his opinion...





x


@Citlali
[Image: Fncjl2X.png]
Reply
Citlali Deerheart Offline

Loner of Vindico
18 Seasons / Female / Familiar
Played by FennecFyre
140 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
*
Citlali's Health
 
 
Strength
0
Defence
3
Agility
7
Intuition
10
#7
He kept his wing outstretched protectively over her, shielding her from the rain. The warmth radiating from his side was hard to resist, and the she-wolf stepped closer to him, her own folded wing brushing against his side. He promised to lead her home, and she murmured quiet thanks before falling into step beside him. His stride was a good deal wider than hers, but he kept an easy pace, for which she was grateful. When he asked if they needed to get anything at the market before they went home, she shook her head. "I know this all looks bad, but they're still fresh," Upon reflection, that likely sounded even worse, so she would explain. "Recent injuries have less chance of being infected. I just need to clean and bandage them, and I'll be fine. Promise." Though she wanted nothing more than to sleep for days, she knew she couldn't leave her wounds unattended to, unless she wanted them to fester. An ounce of prevention worth a pound of cure and all that.

It seemed she would live another day, then. Dying had seemed like such a simple solution, but truth be told, she was just a little bit glad that Indian had found her. Maybe more than a little bit. She wasn't out of the woods yet--she dreaded to think about what would happen when her master found her--but maybe she had bought herself a little time.

-exit Cit and Indian-
[Image: citmythjumpsummer_by_fennecfyre-d86la05.png]
Reply
Indian Madar Offline

Crafter of Noa
19 Seasons / Male / Familiar
Played by Dee
110 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
*
Indian's Health
 
 
Strength
0
Defence
0
Agility
20
Intuition
0
#8
He didn't flinch or move away as she stepped closer to him, instead he would allow massive wing to arch and follow her body to keep a constant protective layer over her. She would tell him that the wounds were fresh, causing his face to scrunch into a worried frown, though she would quickly explain that it would just need to be cleaned and dressed. A slow nod would be given in silent understanding before he would continue to head back to the city. It wasn't the easiest of treks, the rain turning to a drizzle that seemed to be never ending and causing the rocks to become slick. But soon enough they would find their way back to the main path that lead to the side entrance he had exited from, from there it was easy sailing.

-exit Indy with Cit-
[Image: Fncjl2X.png]
Reply

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)