140 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Citlali's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition
After the fight she had inadvertently sparked on the cliffs, she was glad for some peace and quiet. The lake was still and calm as she crept down to it's edge, reflecting the pale early-morning sky above. Mist hovered over the surface of the water, and she could hear the distant song of a bird somewhere in the surrounding woods. The water was still cold with winter's chill as she stepped in, causing her to shiver and ruffle her wings. She dipped her head to lap up a few mouthfuls of water, then stepped deeper in, letting herself gradually adjust to the water's temperature. When she was belly-deep, she ducked her head under and tossed it up again, sending water down her back while her wings fluttered against her sides. She'd wash off the dust and blood, letting the cold water clean her still-healing wounds. When she could stand the chill no longer, she turned about and slogged out again, pausing briefly to shake herself out.

A cold, refreshing bath had served to clear her mind somewhat, though it didn't do much to improve her mood. More than anything, she was afraid--if her former master sent anyone after her for what she had done, she wouldn't stand a chance. Maybe she was even better off dead--she certainly wasn't doing a very good job at surviving in the wilderness, if her paltry success at hunting was any indicator.

With a sigh, she flopped down into the sand and grass that surrounded the lake, stretching her wings out across the ground to soak in the sunlight and dry her off faster. If she was doomed to die, she thought morosely, setting her head down between her forepaws, then at least she could die warm and comfortable.

@Khryseis
[Image: citmythjumpsummer_by_fennecfyre-d86la05.png]
Khryseis  Offline

loner of Vindico
24 seasons Seasons / Female / Feral
Played by Kalli
60 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Khryseis's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition
Taking to the skies once again, I decided to play with the clouds. Soaring in and out of the puffs, creating a sizable hole in each one I burst through. A smile played at the edges of my pinkish lips, hellfire eyes narrowed with delight. Feathered, gilded wings flapped harshly, moving forward as to slow me down, and back my body went. In a spiral, I zoomed back through the cloud, creating another wormhole. As I fell downward toward the earth, I decided to challenge myself. I tucked my wings, keeping them just barely spanned. Golden ears pinned and already narrowed lenses narrowed even more so. Forelimbs outstretched as hind limbs did the same, and I went rocketing downward. With a velocity which could match or surpass a falcon’s, I let the wind protest strongly against my body. It pushed at me, whipped my fur to and fro, but as I neared the earth’s crust, I noticed a lake...and a body.

My eyes widened a bit to try and see, though the wind caused for tears to form and blurred my vision. Wings expanded now, pushing out and forward as htey did before so as to slow. I moved in large circles, lowering down to land beside the creature in a graceful halt. I shook my head slightly, raising a paw to release my eyes from the blurry depths of my wind worn tears, and sniffed at the creature. Female...was she dead? I cleared my throat, tucked my wings in tightly, and took a few steps away. A petite rump swung around, pivoting to face the gal to allow our bodies to make a ‘T’ shape.
”Hello?”
It was all I offered. Albeit, it was a soft, gentle greeting. It was laced in timid curiosity, hoping the lass was not soulless.
Citlali Deerheart Offline

Loner of Vindico
18 Seasons / Female / Familiar
Played by FennecFyre
140 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Citlali's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition
By the time the flying beast spotted her, she had already fallen into an exhausted sleep. The faint beat of wings high above made the girl stir slightly, though she didn't wake just yet. It was only when the other wolf landed, her wings inadvertently fanning a gust of wind over the sleeping girl, that she grunted and blinked awake. Tattered ears perked at a soft voice, and her mismatched eyes focused on the gilded form of another winged wolf. Citlali jumped slightly at the sight and scrambled to sit up, tucking her own wings closely about her. The other didn't seem to be aggressive at all, especially not compared to the wolves she had recently run into, but she preferred to err on the side of caution. The fact that she hadn't understood what the other had just said didn't help, even if she was showing no signs of hostility. "Er--hello," she murmured, keeping her head lowered submissively. The other's accent was very similar to the ghost-winged male she had run into, though aside from that they were about as different as could be. Another one of the feral blood?

She glanced around, wondering if this wolf was alone, or if she had brought her pack with her. They appeared to be alone for the moment, but more wolves could descend out of the sky at any moment. "Is this your territory?" she asked, though she doubted the other would understand her by words alone, given their language gap. She tried to make up for it by briefly spanning out her wings, as if gesturing to the lake before them, then closed the webbed limbs and lifted a paw to gesture at the other. It was a rather impromptu game of charades, but hopefully the other would be able to glean her meaning.

@Khryseis
Khryseis  Offline

loner of Vindico
24 seasons Seasons / Female / Feral
Played by Kalli
60 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Khryseis's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition
Oh dear, we spoke different languages. I could not understand her words, so I paid attention to her body language. She seemed a bit startled, so I gave the mocha woman some space. I reversed a few steps, letting her have as much as she pleased, though still remained friendly. A smile spread pinkish lips as I watched her attempt to explain with her paw and wings what she meant to ask me. I was just relieved she wasn’t dead, and felt a pang of guilt having awoken the lass.

I could only discern what she was asking me and it was somewhat fuzzy, but I assumed she meant if she was intruding. I gave a shake of the head, and wondered how I’d get it across that I was a loner. Feathered wings ruffled slightly, somewhat out of discomfort. How to speak to one that cannot understand me and vice versa? How does this work? I wasn’t so sure I was good at body language alone, and felt the urge to take flight with a parting smile. But so soon? She’d think me rude no doubt. Surely my confusion was readable on my face, as I felt the muscles pull together in a rather concerned expression. Brows were knitted slightly over hell fire eyes, and pinkish lips were twisted in a half grimace. Gilded ears fell limp for a moment before offering the girl brighter eyes and a softer countenance.

Unsure where to go from here, I simply moved to sit. A dark tipped tail curled around folded hind limbs and I looked at the girl with a slightly canted head. Well...now what? I surely did need to learn more languages. It was too much of a hassle not knowing them all.

@Citlali
Citlali Deerheart Offline

Loner of Vindico
18 Seasons / Female / Familiar
Played by FennecFyre
140 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Citlali's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition
The feral wolf apparently understood her meaning, as she confirmed with a quick shake of her head that this was indeed free territory. Citlali let out a breath, relieved that she wasn't trespassing, however accidentally. From what she had heard of ferals, they tended not to take too kindly to that.

...If this wolf even was feral, anyway. If the rumors and gossip were true, then Citlali would have expected her to be more...wild? Snarly? As she studied the other wolf curiously, she seemed as normal as anyone she might meet in her daily life. There was no sign of aggression or barbarism behind those ruby orbs, just befuddlement--most likely due to the language gap between them. She sat, curling her tail primly about her feet. The sunlight gleamed off her feathered wings with the motion, and Citlali's eyes were drawn to them, before she turned her head to look at one of her own. Feathered wings were usually preferred by the colony wolves, whereas batlike leathery wings were seen as a mark of the wilderness. Yet here was a feral with bird wings and a familiar with mismatched webbing. It was ironic, really. Even more ironic was the fact that this wolf was evidently a rather skilled and graceful flyer, as she had come here by air. She herself could barely manage a clumsy glide.

Citlali let out a quiet and bitter laugh before tucking the wing back in and sitting down herself, facing the lake. She was quiet for a time, merely observing the scenery, then finally spoke once more, though she knew the other wouldn't understand her well. "It must be nice, living out here. Things must be so uncomplicated for you." Her words were subdued, morose. What was it like to live out in the wilderness your whole life? To hunt your own meat and fend off the dangers of life with nothing but your fangs and your packmates? She found herself envying the other, so strong and free. Maybe there was a reason their ancestors had chosen to leave the cities.

@Khryseis