70 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Iolaire's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition

They'd come down the mountain. Really, she was surprised that he'd followed her. She hadn't wanted to leave his side, but it was just too cold up there for her small frame. With a nod and a farewell smile, she had started off without him. The further down the mountain she went, the itchier her body felt; the more she felt that tug as if someone had wrapped a vine around her insides and was giving it a jerk. And then he had joined her and the feeling was alleviated. Was she really that lonely? She had been with Thulhu every second of the day for an entire year...

There was a comfort level that had already been reached between them. He was easy to be around. Easy to be close to. Easy to be very, very close to. As they walked, Iolaire found her shoulder brushing against his body. A bit of heat filled her cheeks, but upon noticing that he didn't seem to mind, she didn't either. And so the pair walked side by side. She was dwarfed by his large stature, but she had never minded that. In fact, she liked 'em big. And Tantalus was definitely big.

An easy breeze blew, ruffling the silky fur of the tri-colored woman. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, filling her lungs with the cool air. It was nice to not have your lungs freeze when you breathed. When it hurt to breathe, it was too damn cold. The day was mild and the sun was hidden behind fluffy while clouds, only peeking out periodically. That suited Iolaire just fine. Too much sun and she would bake. Her black coat absorbed every iota of heat. It made things uncomfortable at times.

As they walked, a loud, groaning growl met her ears. It was followed by momentarily widened eyes and then a soft laugh. Her stomach was complaining. The little woman was hungry. Would they hunt together or would she wander off to find some small morsel on her own? Looking up towards the man, she tilted her head in question, wondering if he'd heard her stomach and if he was indeed hungry as well.

@Tantalus
@Cedar Black
[Image: LvLmyg1.png?1]
Tantalus Atreus Offline

Loner of Vindico
24 Seasons / Male / Factionless
Played by Dee
340 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Tantalus's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition
Tantalus Atreus  «

More then anything else he didn’t really know why he hadn’t followed her immediately. Since falling on his face before her he had felt… Strange. He had no other real way to describe it. And yet as she had turned to go she had nodded and smiled a goodbye to him. For a time he had remained laying in the hot springs, staring at her as she had left. And then it had started. The tingling. At first he was able to dismiss it as his cold body reacting to the heat but eventually it became more then he could dismiss. Had it always been this bad? Body would shudder as he considered this before the behemoth would haul himself out of the springs. From there it was simply a matter of drying himself before he would subject his body to the cold.

Hauling himself down the mountain had taken more time then he had expected, and yet that feeling would pull him closer and eventually lead him to Iolaire. He would blink slowly, stunned by his own arrival and yet wordlessly the behemoth would fall into step beside her. Pelts would touch, the warmth of her almost shocking around the chill of his own body. Yet he would not pull away, simply keeping pace with her and following wherever it was that she was leading them. He had no goal or place to go, why not follow her?

“Do you feel it too?”

He knew she wouldn’t understand him, and he had no real way to convey what he was feeling or the strange feeling in his head when he was away from her. But he wanted to put the words out there even if she didn’t understand. She seemed to be enjoying the heat, he was too but in a different way. It forced the ice that forever formed around his bones, eyes and nose to recede at least a small bit. Despite his cold body temperature and the way the passive magic had wrapped around him he was still much more suited for cold weather then he was for heat. Too bad… She seemed to like the heat.

A rumbling would erupt, causing him to cast a sideways glance at her only to notice the sheepish look she would flash him. Again, she would not speak. Was there even a point? And yet his lips would part.

“Hungry?”

Tones were a deep rumble as a strange smirk slipped over his lips and he cast a glance around. Why not hunt? His body still hurt and truthfully he wasn’t exactly built for speed or hunting but if she wanted the help he would do what he could to assist her. Not that the lumbering beast could even chase down the slowest of creatures he still had some tricks up his sleeve so to say…

"Speaking" ; Thinking
Art by perfectperfection ; Table by Layla/fiftyblackroses

[Image: Z4n0mft.png]
Cedar Black Timber Offline

Loner of Vindico
12 Seasons / Male / Feral
Played by Kalli
110 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Cedar Black's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition
Not one, but two scents passed through the atmosphere as I moved. Weaving in and out of obstacles, I neared the scents and soon a voice arose. Silvery ears swiveled toward the pair as they came within view. Golden eyes fixated on them and I let a small, somewhat devious grin spread. As to what cause, I hadn’t a clue. What had mother taught me? Diplomacy was important! So why was it so hard for me to learn it, or rather, stick to it? I shook my head, hoping to be rid of these thoughts as I then began to waltz toward them.

I moved to within a respectable distance, standing at about three feet in distance from the pair. I let the devious grin morph into a polite one, though it was just a half grin - mirror of my father.
"Hello!"
A smidge enthusiastic but eh, oh well. My gaze shifted from the rather large male to the petite female. What an odd pairing, but whatever floats their boats.
"Did I hear a call for a hunt?"
Damnit CB, too forward! Learn to rein yourself in once in awhile.
"I mean...forgive me. My name’s Cedar Black."
Corpulent skull dipped in a slow, single nod and I moved to seat myself. Though seated, I was prepared to get the hell out of dodge should the big one - or small one - feel the need to attack. I could probably easily kill the little one, but the big one? He’d be a challenge. Mother always taught me not to be a fool, to recognize my own limits.

Now what were those again?

"words."

Iolaire Akeldama Offline

Loner of Vindico
18 Seasons / Female / Factionless
Played by Res
70 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Iolaire's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition

Tantalus had noticed her growling stomach and when he shifted his gaze to look upon her, she grinned wider. The giant man released a single word, the ending inflection making it sound like a question.  Iolaire attempted to repeat the word that he'd uttered and probably tripped all over it since she'd only heard it once. "Hun...gry. Hungry." She nodded after she decided that it was good enough. Her stomach rumbled again and she groaned, looking up so that her gaze met his full on. "I'm hungry, Tantalus. Shall we hunt?" With that being said, she lifted one paw and rubbed her stomach lightly to indicate her hunger. Perhaps that would help him understand.

Approaching paws pulled her attention from her companion. Skull swinging, Iolaire watched as yet another spiny brute padded towards her. Grey and white in color, she found herself wondering if that was simply how wolves from this area looked. Instinctively, the tri-colored lass found herself taking a step closer to Tantalus. Somehow she knew that he wouldn't harm her. They couldn't even understand one another, but this was something that she knew in her gut. This new male, however... he didn't nearly make her feel as safe as the skeletally marked brute.

The new male came straight up to them, speaking in a language that she didn't understand. Surprise, surprise... Could Tantalus understand him? Iolaire brought her green and gold gaze to her companions face, searching it for any inkling of understanding. In this, she was content to wait and follow his lead.

Tantalus Atreus Offline

Loner of Vindico
Played by Dee
340 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Tantalus's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition
Tantalus Atreus  «

A strange and yet somehow sad smile would touch his lips as she tried to repeat the word in his own language. It was a good attempt. She would touch her belly, seeming to drive home the fact that she was hungry before speaking again in her own language. He heard the word there, the word in her language. Hungry. She was directing the statement at him obviously due to the fact that she would speak his name along with it. He would turn his head around, humming thoughtfully as he considered this. He had always been a shitty hunter, he usually used his ice power to do most of the work but he wasn't sure how well it would all work here with warmer climate. He was pondering this when he too heard the approaching paw falls. Ears would prick slightly, lifting from where they usually fell to the side of his head. Skull would lift from where it had drooped and eyes would immediately fixate on the form approaching.

The boy would speak and Tan would tip his head, surprised that he spoke not only the same language but the same dialect as Tantalus. That moment of surprise would no register on the stoic male's features as he nodded slightly, a soft rumble echoing up his throat in greeting. He was never one for many words though that seemed to have changed slightly since meeting Iolaire. The boy would continue to mention that he had over heard them calling for a hunt which would cause Tantalus to tip his head and nod slowly in response. "Yes we were just discussing that." Tantalus would finally speak, though a moment later introductions would be given. Strange introductions. As he had learned with Iolaire there were some words that were just words and others that were names. Had they not spoken the same language Tantalus would have assumed no name had come out of that statement. Cedar Black....

"I'm Tantalus, this is my companion Iolaire." Tantalus would say after a moment's hesitation before looking to Iolaire and shrugging his shoulders slightly. He understood the male but questioning gaze would lock on her, was she okay with him joining them? He would seek a simple head shake of a nod of answer before he would invite this male to join their merry band. "Iolaire. Cedar Black." In the assumption that Io wouldn't pick up on the name he would move his paw from her then back to their new company for a brief introduction between the two of them. "She doesn't speak our language. And I don't speak hers..." He would explain easily, a soft sigh given. He was rather tired of the whole not understanding nonsense...

"Speaking" ; Thinking

@Cedar Black
Cedar Black Timber Offline

Loner of Vindico
12 Seasons / Male / Feral
Played by Kalli
110 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Cedar Black's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition
Ahhh, so there was a language barrier. The large, pale male confirmed it, though he and I seemed to have little to no trouble understanding each other at all. I was thankful for this. With a puppish grin and a proud strut, my head thrust high and my eyes sparkled with slight anticipation.
"It’s a pleasure!"
I took only a few steps closer, as the smaller female seemed to inch closer to the much larger male. Did she think I would attack two on one? Now that would be a mighty fine time, though I doubt I’d make it out alive. The male before was a monster! And I was still so young yet, so much to learn. I knew a too difficult challenge when I saw one, and I wasn’t about to have at it with this one. Unless, of course, he attacked first. Then I’d let all hell break loose.

Iolaire and Tantalus, I gave them another dip of the head, particularly to the female. How to show I wouldn’t be of any harm unless they were to attack first? Never fight without reason...that’s what mother always said.
"With the three of us, surely we could bring down something sizable. If you’re okay with it, why not hunt together?"
I flashed a smile, albeit slightly awkward. I was trying my best at this diplomacy thing, though I could not help my father’s inherited intensity. Brilliant eyes flicked from one wolf to the other, letting an iron and steel tail give one curt slice in anticipation. They could reject me altogether, which would be a rather odd and infuriating thing. Or they could accept me, and all would be well. Ah the burdens of immaturity, would they ever be rid of me? With expectation and excitement, I looked on at the two though did not pressure them by closing the gap. Besides, introductions had already been made, and I’ve been polite. Mother would be so proud.

"words."

@Iolaire @Tantalus
Iolaire Akeldama Offline

Loner of Vindico
18 Seasons / Female / Factionless
Played by Res
70 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Iolaire's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition

The two males spoke in their odd tongue. Thanks to her practice with Tantalus, she actually understood a word here and there. The pair continue to speak and the slender woman merely looked back and forth from one to the other. She trusted Tantalus entirely. He would make the right decisions for them both. At that thought, she furrowed her brow momentarily. Why would she let someone else make her decisions for her? That was just absurd. And yet... finding it absurd didn't change the fact one bit. He could decide for her and she would follow his lead.

Perhaps her mind was still mulling over the fact that she trusted the big male beside her, but she barely caught the second brutes name. Cedar Black, Tantalus said. See-durr Bleck. She tried the foreign words on her tongue once, then tried them again.  Cedur Bleck. Bringing her poisonous gaze up to bore into the burning eyes of Tantalus, she shrugged lightly. Good enough?

The grey and white male seemed friendly and somewhat eager. Was he hungry as well? Stepping into Tantalus, she pressed her shoulder against his legs. Extending her neck, she pressed her muzzle into the side of his neck. Hopefully that would be sign enough that she trusted him to do as he wished. She would follow his lead. Not that he would understand, but she said the same aloud. I'll follow you. 

[color=rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.7)]1d8 rolled for a total of: 7 (7)[/color]
Random Event  Offline

of ooc
Seasons / male / Avelorn
Played by
180 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x x
Random Event's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition
Oh dear! You have encountered a mountain lion! You may attempt to flee, fight it or tame it.

From the mountains it would slink and slither, muscles rippling beneath its pelt. Amber gaze would fixate on the group. Massive paws would pull it into the canopy above, a soft growl drifting from its lips. A soft sound that would carry as a warning to the group below. They had encroached on her territory...

Mountain Lion Stats
Strength: 10
Defence: 5
Agility: 15
Intuition: 0

Health: 100 HP

@Tantalus @Cedar Black @Iolaire
Tantalus Atreus Offline

Loner of Vindico
Played by Dee
340 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Tantalus's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition
Tantalus Atreus  «

The younger male seemed quite pleased to go along with all of this, grinning with the words as he took introductions and ran with it. Iolaire would test the name on her tongue, her first attempt causing the massive male to grin slightly while nodding along. Her second attempt was better though not perfect though he couldn’t fault the woman for trying. Cedar would draw Tan’s attention back to him with an invitation to hunt together. He seemed nice enough and Tantalus was always next to useless on a hunt so why not? He would toss a glance to Iolaire who seemed to know vaguely what was happening but not completely. Either way she would nod along and seemed to be okay with what she was hearing.

‘Lead the way.’

She would speak words that he vaguely understand due to the repetition of them. He would smile slightly before looking to back to Cedar Black. Maw would part, about to reply when ears would snap up. A low growl would drift forth from the canopy above an slowly red gaze would slither towards Iolaire. He would not speak, he would no move at first. When he did move it would be done slowly at first in an attempt to keep his body between the growl and Iolaire. Gaze would snap to Cedar soon after with a very clear ‘move’ message in his eyes.

He didn’t speak, he moved slowly. He didn’t want to give the animal any reason to attack them. One paw would be placed in front of the other, ice forming around his paws with each step as he touched his powers and readied them for use. Hopefully they would make it all the way down the path and could get far enough away without the creature feeling threatened enough to follow them.

-Tantalus attempts to flee prey via exiting thread-

"Speaking" ; Thinking

@Iolaire @Cedar Black