40 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Aurora's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition
The golden plains may have been the domain of Vindico's resident big cats, but the monstrous northerner currently traveling its worn paths wasn't aware of the dangers they posed. She had known felines before, her homeland's steppes had housed striped and saber-fanged creatures mighty enough to stand against a hellhound. These southern cats, however, weren't quite so intimidating, and so she strode the plains with the sun on her back and the wind in her fur, heedless of the dangers that may had lain within the fields. Her nose and her ears were sharp enough to keep her from blundering into harm, and it was the rare creature who ever tried to attack the behemoth girl. She missed her frigid homeland, but fate had decreed that she leave and seek a life elsewhere--all she could do was make the best of it.

She did certainly miss the chill of the steppes. Her heavy coat, once so useful, now worked against her in the afternoon heat. Her jaws hung again as she walked, tongue lolling out in a heavy pant. When the blurred form of a lone acacia tree caught her eye, branches spread wide, she loped towards it gratefully. The air was cooler within the dappled shade, and it seemed an excellent place to sleep away the afternoon. Unlike most wolves, who could hunt at night with ease, she could only really see in the daytime. With luck, she'd find something to catch in the twilight hours, when the sun's heat had dissipated but a few beams of its light remained.

She settled down with a contented sigh, kneading the soft and dusty ground with long claws. A small group of buffalo were plodding past in the distance, and her ears pricked at their distant grunts and bleats. The air rang with insect calls, and she rested her head on her paws, letting the sounds of nature lull her to sleep.
Beauturn Eslelise-Freewinter Offline

Loner of Vindico
18 Seasons / Male / Factionless
Played by Astrara
205 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Beauturn's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition

Heir of breath

These grounds where new. A differentiation to the acrid vultures of the south, those sprawled wings of endless frost and bitter sweet ventures. No, Beaturn would muse, there was nothing good that came from the cold. The dangers where null to that of flight, Beau was efficient in his travels, swift, his time largely spent in silence than conversing with the bird that flanked him heavy. Their disagreements where evident. Plain across their faces. Libra’s furrowed brow was pitted against the pout so common on the rune touched man upon his distaste. Ultimately, they were volatile, like a chain reaction things spiralled, cascaded into fallout so common. They were never a match for each other.

‘you tried to drown a woman for ruining your view of the stars, you didn’t even have to look at them through the pond’ the bird had tried to reason ‘oh poor sweet libra you are blinded by innocence, the girl was a witch and she stole what was rightfully mine to view’ The argument, unable to be pushed past the eagle kings stubborn nature was instead avoided completely. Along with all other forms of communication.

The grasses seemed obscure. A hidden allamony to the grave that lay vastly unexplored. Beauturn was too old for such herorics. Old in the real way, not in the way of age. He had seen and lived and suffered in the way that marked not his skin but the essence of what made him. Beneath was an ocean forged of gold and like any waters they held nothing but envelopment; to take all one loved and obscure and ruin and displace. His family where testimony to that. Yet there was a breakage. A twist the the plane that spanned long beneath his hunters shadow; A tree. It swooped and founded like a bird, branches heavy, shaded. And there upon the twilight the eagle king found it no better place than to stop. If for anything other than to smack some sense into the Roc that orbited him like an interstellar body.

His landing was not of his finest. Big wings and a slender form cutting through air like a knife. He misjudged the wind currents and promptly found himself staggering into the gulf of the tree, being consumed by its leaves. The force of his impact cracking one of the lesser branches with a resounding noise. Something unsavoury that drew his ears passively to his head. The bird as always would orbit, remaining in the updrafts above; a glade of air that seemed so welcome upon the blunders of a man never made for land. Winded he would catch his breath. Soft pants against the twilight madrigals. That was when he noticed what lay beneath.

Was it a claw? Or a foot. A silver form, large, larger than most. He’d never seen something as big that was earthbound. Whatever it was it made him uncomfortable. Yet hospitality was a custom when one falls out of the sky. His sideways glance that lingered upon her claws affirmed such a thing to him. Swiftly readjusting his position to something attempted suave he’d balance his fox-like muzzle upon his paw which lay sprawled beneath the sleek black. Runes flaring as they always did. Their ancient tongue unknown. He’d try to gain control of the twitch in his eye as he’d speak, offering sweet apologies in a voice like silk. “I didn’t mean to ‘drop’ in, my intention was never to disturb you.” He’d only look vaguely horrified as cardinal gaze would flit to the left. Anywhere but here. ‘my corpse will be both young and beautiful’ He would think to himself.

Beauturn Eslelise Freewinter
my corpse will be both young and beautiful

@Aurora
Aurora Aurasling Offline

Loner of Vindico
24 Seasons / Female / Feral
Played by FennecFyre
40 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Aurora's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition
The distant, muffled thuds of approaching wingbeats didn't do much to rouse her, though the sudden impact of wolf with tree branches certainly did. She snorted awake suddenly, a confused sort of "Huzzawhuh?" noise escaping her jaws. She lifted her head and craned her neck, stretching out the joints as her taloned toes extended out before her to dig ruts in the soil. Blinking against the sunlight, she looked about herself, though there was nothing to be seen but grass. Maybe she had just dreamed it?

She was about to return to her nap when a smooth, masculine voice came from above. She pointed her muzzle skyward, all four eyes squinting in unison as she caught the sight of a black-furred wolf in the branches above her. His accent was strange on her ears, very different from the husky tones she was used to, and his form--what little she could see--was svelte and lean. Not like her old packmates at all. Maybe he was a native to these parts, unlike her.

His apology turned out to be unnecessary, as she chuckled in response. "Oh, so that was you making all that noise." She yawned and stretched again, inadvertently exposing a maw full of long and pointed teeth, then rolled over onto her back so she could look at him without having to strain her neck. Her clawed forepaws lay tucked into the plush fur of her chest, while her tail whisked in the dust behind her. "Are you all right?" she asked, head adopting a quizzical tilt. "From the sound of it, you had a bit of a rough landing." Maybe he was a youngster, just beginning to fly. "Don't feel bad about being clumsy, though, gods know I was just as bad when I was a pup." Learning how to pilot a frame her size without accidentally trampling someone or falling on her face hadn't been easy.

Her pitiful eyesight had yet to catch the giant bird circling high above them, though she could hear the faint sound of wings. Perhaps there were buzzards about.

@Beauturn

Loner of Vindico
Played by Astrara
205 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Beauturn's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition

Heir of breath
She seemed unhindered by his mistakes as he relived them in a lapse of unfortunate disappointment. "Oh, so that was you making all that noise." He’d wince, brows raising as he in his rush to promptly drop the topic became suddenly aware that she was a necromancer of dead conversations and in her one fell vocalised swoop he would immediately feel the need to want to leave. Yet her being. She made him uncomfortable in the most molecular sense, as some would wish to swat arachnids. He couldn’t quite place his finger on it. “Yes haha…it was i.” His voice said laughter, his eyes said internal screaming. It was unbelievably fake, a mock smile that looked more like a forced grimace that teetered on the borders of disgust and a mild mental breakdown.

His runes would flare in minor embarrassment as she’d routhlessly persue his dignity like hounds on the fox “Are you all right?” he’d stare at her blankly for a long time ‘demon, oppugant femme, test me further and uncloak thy forced politeness’ he would think, a tight-lipped stare matching the promptness of his thoughts before he would utter bluntly in response. “Always.” He was always alright, he had to be. He was the idol, the role model, the eagle-blooded. There was no margin of error for whatever persona of sanity he had to upkeep like brushing autumn leaves of the grass.

"From the sound of it, you had a bit of a rough landing." This was war. She could stop this at any time and yet she chose not to. Glaring at her harshly he would respond lightly “haha..you can ‘drop’ it now.” He didn’t mean to put emphasis on the unintentional pun but he felt it the only way to provoke the idea that he was seriously sick and tired of having his landing dissected by a beast of a woman of whom he had not even discerned at this point as vaguely canid. “Don't feel bad about being clumsy, though, gods know I was just as bad when I was a pup." That was it. His eye twitched voraciously as he would promptly snap at her “you are implying that I am a child?” vermillion eyes wide as his lack of patience for this ‘game’ had worn to its end. In the manner of the heron he would remove himself from the tree to land before her.

His form ablaze in red, the tongues of the gods. “Are you mocking me?” He would snarl. His stance stiff, one provoking of conflict. ‘you are a child’ the bird would retort. Libra just had to. It was an opportunity that would have to have been pried out of his cold dead hands. “Begone with you Libra you fool!” Beauturn would proceed to yell at the sky.  

@Aurora
Aurora Aurasling Offline

Loner of Vindico
Played by FennecFyre
40 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Aurora's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition
Her blurred vision may have missed the strained look on his face, though she could certainly hear the tension within his voice, prompting a look of brief confusion from her. What did he have to be upset about? Everyone made mistakes, and nobody had gotten hurt. No harm done, right? A dim red glow flared about him as he spoke, seemingly emanating from his pelt. It was certainly pretty, though a glow like that must have made night hunting difficult. Perhaps they were in the same boat with that--she was blind in darkness, and he put off light.

She was about to ask him about his runes when he snapped out an irate reply to her previous question, prompting her ears to twitch in puzzlement. Was it something she said? She rolled back onto her belly as he dropped to the ground and approached her, hackles up and legs stiff. He demanded to know if she was mocking him, to which she responded with a tilted head and a puzzled look. "Uh, not really. I mean," she admitted, shrugging as he stalked towards her. "You are a little bit on the small side." The wolves of her frozen homeland had been hulking beasts like her--you had to be to survive on the cold steppes. "But then again," she chuckled, hoping to defuse the situation, "What do I know? Perhaps all you southern wolves are smaller than me and mine." 

While his posture may have been undeniably aggressive, any intimidation factor was lost on the bearlike she-wolf. She had grown up among those who called themselves hellhounds, and looked the part. By comparison, he was slender and sleek. He was almost pretty, truth be told. Like a little raven. He took a moment to look away from her and shout back up at the branches. The tilt of her head only increased. "Who's Libra?" She hadn't heard anyone else speak just now, but maybe he could do things she couldn't. He did glow, after all.

@Beauturn

Loner of Vindico
Played by Astrara
205 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Beauturn's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition

Heir of breath
These words where blunders, as clumsy as the beholder seemed to embody, in his opinion. Tilting his head to the side, a little picked upwards, haughty. He’d narrow mars coloured eyes to judgemental slits like a reverend would upon the sinner. He seemed himself a loss for words before words came forth from blackened lips so smooth and sharp one would have believed they were surely pre-meditated. “’All you southern wolves.’ You said It yourself you live too far in ignorance to make such generalised statements. I suggest you cease.” He’d lock eyes upon her own, or more so in the space where her dual sets of optics sat. Centralised. A brow would raise. He had the option now to dig in the stake and like a witchhunt he would grab the opportunity with shaky hands. “For you are abnormal.” His use of words offensive in themselves where certainly not what one would call a woman, but since we were stating the obvious here, he wanted to show with delicious precision that he too could be cruel. Only this time his words where not accidental. They were chosen like fine dining. Sampled. Venomous.

He’d regain himself however. As much as he was a man of a fiery disposition, he was not without restriction. He’d morph the meaning of his insult into a compliment. A sharp gaze like howling wind would soften as his flared wings and narrowed features would too relax. “Difference is seen as a virtue to some who hunt their entire lives seeking what their not. You have this luxury from the outset; rejoice!” the optimism in his voice towards the end was so mocked it sounded comical, sarcastic. This wasn’t his intention. He merely wanted to patch up what his tongue had ruined. Only words could fix words. Yet he could not pretend for minute he had the energy assume a role so associated with the happy. He was not. He was an active man, active in searching for his unborn, his wives, his family.

Gone.

The woman would speak of the bird and his facial features would tense, a lip curled as he’d drag his answer through the mud, his attentions directed to the tree rather than the face. “The bird, the visionary, winged.” The eagle king truly. Despite Beauturns usurping, he was no Roc, no eagleborn hellion. “Look up. Look to sovereignless skies. It circles like a vulture picking for words like corpses” It was a vulture, always an issue. A mighty god picking at heels. It was an oxymoron. Unfit to suit his side. It was funny how quick their relationship (unhealthy as slavery is) deteriorated over nothing but time and boundless error “It will use its words as a weapon when the stars come out of hiding and i am alone again.”

@Aurora
Aurora Aurasling Offline

Loner of Vindico
Played by FennecFyre
40 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Aurora's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition
Aurora had learned from a young age that it was best to simply let harsh words roll off her like rain. It was difficult to truly upset her, but the easiest way to accomplish such a feat was to draw attention to her freakish looks. The look of calm puzzlement she had met his indignant rage with was wiped away by the word 'abnormal', as if he suddenly raked claws across her face. At once the gentle warmth disappeared as she looked away, ears pinned and jaw tightened. One could almost see the wall being built up, the glimmers of laughter in her eyes fading away, leaving them flat and sullen. She said nothing--there was nothing she could say. He spoke the truth, after all. She was a monster born from monsters, a granite brute among the delicate feathered wolves of the south.

He tried to turn his insult into a compliment, but the damage had already been done. She seemed to collapse in on herself as he spoke, shoulders hunched and chin tucked into her chest. She could hear only the inadvertent sarcasm, missing the more lighthearted intent. "You don't have to rub it in." came her reply, an uncharacteristic bitterness in her tone. "I already know I'm a freak."

She would have likely excused herself and slunk away with her tail between her legs had he not drawn her attention to the sky. Head rose once more as he seemed to indicate that "Libra" was up in the sky. A bird? Curious enough to stay for the time being, she rose to her feet and shook the dust from her pelt before walking out from under the tree's sheltering branches. Squinting into the sky, she just managed to catch sight of something large and dark circling high above. Behind her, the raven-wolf waxed poetic with his words, making it even more difficult to understand him--the difference in dialects wasn't helping at all. His last statement, something about words as a weapon, made her look back at him with a tilted head. "Pardon?"

@Beauturn

Loner of Vindico
Played by Astrara
205 Runes 
Domum - Ferox
x0 x0
Beauturn's Health

Strength
Defence
Agility
Intuition

Heir of breath
Beauturn took no prisoners. No mercy crossed his lips nor apology upon he hurt. “then get used to it already. Hark- everything else is wrong with his mess of a world the least you can do is blunt yourself to infantile insults yes?” He’d snap, a venting of his stress perhaps. It was loud, a snarl. Fangs bared. He couldn’t bear to hear her whining, not now not ever. There was so much more that ate away at him than a petty word and it made him more envious than any man. Curling his lip he’d look away from her, tail lashing, ears arched. Discontent. Greatly so. “believe it or not, in this world. Unless you hold a golden crown- nobody cares about tip-toeing around a body they pass on the fields.” His bitterness was unbridled. A wave. It drowned all. To say a nerve was struck would be an understatement and upon the weakness she presented to him he tore it open like a fissure.  

Of course, the bird. A look of disgust would cross his features like a changing season “we. don’t. get. along.” Guttural words, precarious. She was walking a slippery slope. Yet he was far worse off than any unpleasantry. He was a vulnerable man. “those wings. He could have searched all of this damned hellscape in a night for my beloved- my missing wives. My children. But he ‘chooses’ to mock me. Waste time with his circling, this vulture! I rue the day I ever ensnared him- this pitiful whelp of a man. I’ll be its death one day, an eagle to the god.” His words where to the sky, not to her but they were given to all. Messily thrown out towards the world with a broken intensity about them. A crippled, ached passion. It was a cacophonic sound, it always was; the sound of a hopeless man.

He’d had enough here. Too much bad had been bled from the water and he was overcome. “hark I’ll take them all down.” He’d whisper, words forced from him, intensely spat unto the expanse of the floor. His jaws, his head, lowered close to the earth as if directing his statement solely to it and it alone. He’d rip himself away, motions sharp. His wings unfurling like liquid night. Rudders adjusting to pick up the updrafts but before he’d take leave he’d speak one last time to her. Gaze not bothering to catch hers as he’d remain pointed towards open skies. “Your just some stranger, a name I’ll never bother to learn, a face I’ll forget. You’ll do the same but that’s just life isn’t it.” He’d throw himself into the expanse, wing beat strong. “that’s just life.”  

- EXIT BEAUTURN -
@Aurora