Vindico

Full Version: nothing left for you
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
<center><link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Calligraffitti' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>
<div style="background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/v5rNy4e.png'); background-color: #686869; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-size: 600px; width: 600px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 11px; color: #000000; text-align: justify;"><div style="padding: 310px 50px 30px"><div align="center" style="color: #49201A; font-size: 25px; font-family: 'Calligraffitti', georgia, serif; padding: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;"></div>
The other pack was a bust, though the idea of being sheltered in the sanctity of a pack and having the protection of others around her was quite enticing the pack wasn't exactly what she had wanted. As well Newt had been less then impressed by the fact that Ezzy had chosen Odysseus to accompany her to meet the alpha. He was the most logical choice... He had met the mountain king before, knew where they were located and had some semblance of insider info. Things that Newt did not possess. As well if she had shown up with a large group how would that have looked? No one understood... No one say the logic behind her actions. Everyone was so tied up in their own emotions and feelings. Everyone except Odysseus. She could appreciate his analytical mind, with him everything was business. It was all well organized and laid out deals and plans, bargains and bartering. It was how her mind worked so it was what she needed. Emotions... She would fake them, she could understand them... But she had never been able to reciprocate them.

She had slowly begun to move back towards her home, long limbs seeming to float over the earth even as paws pressed into the earth and pulled her onwards. Mountains would fade to forest, forest into swamp and eventually she would slow her trek. Funny she had lived in Vindico her whole life, had lived in the northern forest for quite some time and that boarded this place. And yet she had never been here before, had never trekked into the swamp and explored it. She had some time today, maybe it was about time to explore this place... Water... Oh how she disliked water... Tiny woman would slowly move towards the nearest pocket of water, lower jaw unhinged to send out sonar pings as she seated herself near the pocket of water.

A paw would reach out lazily, moving forward to dip into the water, pushing in slowly as if waiting for something to bite, stab or otherwise harm her in some way. She had never been a fan of water... Though the idea of one day being able to control the element was enticing, for the simple fact that then she could remain on the shoreline and wash herself, the substance itself held little interest to her. Paw would wave through the swamp water, causing some ripples before dropping back onto her haunches so she was seated at the very edge, one forepaw just touching the edge of the pool so that toes could be caressed by the cool liquid while the other remained in the water forming figure eights. Maybe water wasn't so bad....
<font style="color: #262836; font-variant: small-caps;"><b>"Speech."</b></font> <font style="color: #F6F6F7;"><em>Thoughts.</em></font></div></div>

@Lux
<center><link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Calligraffitti' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

<div style="background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/9Wi8lpv.png'); background-color: #12081f; background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-size: 398px; width: 398px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 11px; color: #b88933; text-align: justify;"><div style="padding: 50px 50px 350px">
<p>Sure enough, those bizarre signals found their way to the girl - though in truth, she really wasn't <i>that</i> far away. Like it or not, with Eve's disappearance, Erzsebet and Newt were the closest things to companions that Lux had left, and should she lose her way to them she would truly be alone... something the sorceress was pretty tired of. Last time she had wandered off into unfamiliar territory, she ended up in this mess, but funny how the long haired witch turned out to be the nymph's greatest asset for understanding her abilities.</p>
She found the woman looking pensive (frankly, she always did) swirling a paw around in the water but not looking overall enthused. Not that that was a surprise or anything. <font style="color: #7fc2c8; font-variant: small-caps;"><b>"Eresebet,"</b></font> For the most part, her fear of the woman had dissipated into a sort of wary respect - this was someone else to learn from, which Lux desperately needed as she began to approach her second year. Things were better, she was beginning to wrangle the electricity that pulsed through her body, but she still had a long way to go. Sparks still danced about her head like an erratic halo, settling as she dipped her muzzle in greeting as she neared, her tail swung low with a slight upward curl to its tip. <font style="color: #7fc2c8; font-variant: small-caps;"><b>"Have you found out anything? About the mountain pack?"</b></font> Was she in the position to ask such a question? Too late now, but she tilted her head with ears gently perked, pausing a reasonable distance away from the woman.
<br /><br />
<font style="color: #7fc2c8; font-variant: small-caps;"><b>"Speech."</b></font> <font style="color: #7fc2c8;"><em>Thoughts.</em></font></div></div>

@Erzsébet
<center><link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Calligraffitti' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>
<div style="background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/v5rNy4e.png'); background-color: #686869; background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-size: 600px; width: 600px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 11px; color: #000000; text-align: justify;"><div style="padding: 310px 50px 30px"><div align="center" style="color: #49201A; font-size: 25px; font-family: 'Calligraffitti', georgia, serif; padding: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px;"></div>
She would sit alone for a time, blind eyes staring down into the waters absently as if they might lend her some insight into her current predicament. After a moment the sound of paw falls squishing the soft moist earth would alert her to company and the smell would identify her as Lux. She hadn't seen the girl since their little gathering, it was probably a good thing that they had come across each other. Hopefully she was well... The child would whisper her name, soft and offered in a greeting. There was no hesitation, wariness or animosity in her tone... How odd... <font style="color: #F6F6F7;"><em>'Lux...'</em></font> She would offer in return, soft voice attempting to snake it's way into the young contract's mind. Her tone held none of the demanding authority she had forced into it last time they had spoken, in truth she hoped that Lux would hold up her end of their bargain. She truly didn't want to harm the child any more if she didn't have to, she held a great amount of potential that Erzsebet hoped to help her unlock. She would ask of the mountain pack and what she had found to which a soft sigh would escape in response. Massive tail would lift as if showing off the three metal bands that now wrapped around the limb at different points along it. For a moment she would seem to study them before turning her gaze back to Lux. The girls aura was odd today...<font style="color: #F6F6F7;"><em>'I do no believe we will find our home amongst them.'</em></font> She would offer after a moment before blind eyes would turn back towards the direction of the forest. <font style="color: #F6F6F7;"><em>'I believe I will claim the forest as my home. I would like to begin teaching magic... I feel as though some wolves are sorely out of touch with thier god given gifts...'</em></font> She would say absently, ears pulling back thoughtfully. Yes... Maybe that would be the best course of action. There was no way that Lux was the only one struggling to regain a hold of her magic...

<font style="color: #262836; font-variant: small-caps;"><b>"Speech."</b></font> <font style="color: #F6F6F7;"><em>Thoughts.</em></font></div></div>

@Lux
<center>
<div style="background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/9Wi8lpv.png'); background-color: #12081f; background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-size: 398px; width: 398px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 11px; color: #b88933; text-align: justify;"><div style="padding: 50px 50px 350px">
<p>It was still something to get used to, to be looking straight at someone yet have their words reverberate in your own brain rather than into your ears. Lux's own reclined lightly back against her head for a brief moment, a thoughtful frown turning down the edges of her lips as she digested the information. At least she wouldn't have to make such a climb - there were positives to this, even if the girl liked to see the mountain as some sort of sanctuary away from Odysseus. He may not even be a real threat anymore, but she still remembered running wildly through the trees, his great black shape in her wake. </p> <p><br><font style="color: #7fc2c8;"><em>...Your own pack?</em></font><br><br /> Her brows furrowed in concentration as she made an effort to <i>think</i> rather than <i>speak</i>; even if she could hear Erzsebet loud and clear, Lux still always felt as if she was out here talking to herself. <font style="color: #7fc2c8;"><em>I can help... find others too, if you want,</em></font> She may not be skilled in a lot of things, but anyone can wander around and coax vagabonds to join the cause, right? Lux reclined to her haunches, tilting her head as she searched the witch's features for some sort of reaction - she didn't expect one of course, but she also hoped she had proven herself trustworthy enough to at least come when she was called. <font style="color: #7fc2c8;"><em>I want to learn from you.</em></font></p>
<br />
<font style="color: #7fc2c8; font-variant: small-caps;"><b>"Speech."</b></font> <font style="color: #7fc2c8;"><em>Thoughts.</em></font></div></div>
</center>
<br>
@Erzsébet
She would give the girl some time to consider her words, though Erzs completely expected the girl to <I>speak</I> the words rather then think them. Only Newt and Ody ever did that and it was only by pure chance that she would catch the words. A bit too long of a pause had Ezzy reaching out with her mind, looking to touch the girls thoughts and see what she was up to only to be approached with a question. 'Your own pack...?' For a moment Ezzy would blink, before she would latch the connection deeper so that she could follow the girls thoughts. It was more tiring but everyone seemed to want to do it lately so she would comply. <I>'Yes, my own pack.'</I> Ezzy would offer, nodding slowly to seal home the idea in the girls head. After another moment she would offer to help find other wolves, members and immediately brows would raise. That would in fact make things easier...

There was a moment where she considered this before she would respond. <I>Very well, if you are willing we will make you an apprentice rather then a contract...'</I> Ezzy would offer, slowly the bands around her tail would begin to coil, seeming to move with her fur rather then confine it. Some broke off, moving slowly up to invade her upper throat just below her chin. The girl would speak of learning from her next and a strange smile would spread across her lips. More metal would break away from the bands encasing her tail, slithering across the ground and moving to Lux. One would slink back to wrap a single band around her tail, the other with move up her right forelimb to just above her elbow before the liquid metal seemed to solidify. <I>'If you wish to learn then I wish to teach. The band on your elbow will mark you as an apprentice, the band on your tail marks you as a level one magic user. Should you wish to leave simply come to me and I will remove it. You are an apprentice now, you may come and go as you please.'</I> Freedom. Ezzy was offering her true freedom. <I>'Tell me, what is it about your magic you struggle with most?'</I> She would ask. What better time to start teaching then the present?

@Lux
<center><link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Calligraffitti' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'>

<div style="background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/9Wi8lpv.png'); background-color: #12081f; background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-size: 398px; width: 398px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 11px; color: #b88933; text-align: justify;"><div style="padding: 50px 50px 350px">
<p>The strange metal things that the witch had started wearing (where had <i>those</i> come from?) began to shift and slither, almost as if in response to something the nymph had said - a verbal contract she had signed. Two of them broke away and began to approach her, much to Lux's dismay, and her pale yellow eyes widened as she jumped back to her feet and took a step away from them, her body tensing as they wound their way up her limbs and down her body, the sensation of them locking into place quite unsettling. Her instinct was to raise her right forelimb and shake it limply, as if that motion alone would be enough to dislodge it, but of course it was to no avail - the same with the one around the base of her tail, which forced her back into a sitting position to get a closer look at it.</p><p><i>If you wish to learn then I wish to teach</i>; the disembodied voice pricked her ears and she returned her attention fully to her mentor, accepting her new jewelry once the woman explained what it meant. So, the stronger she became... the more bands she would acquire? The notion seemed weird now, but the Ealith was fairly certain she could get used to anything given enough time. Marked for freedom - that sounded a bit backwards, but Lux certainly didn't stand in any sort of position to protest. Instead, she went on to the first question posed, a frown creasing the edges of her narrow muzzle.</p><p><font style="color: #7fc2c8; font-variant: small-caps;"><b>"Controlling it. I have no idea how strong it is, because I'm only able to use it involuntarily, it seems,"</b></font> She remembered what Eve had said, and the amount of concentration it had taken Lux just to be able to summon a little of the electricity at her will, <font style="color: #7fc2c8; font-variant: small-caps;"><b>"Sometimes it's like it's trying to protect me, and I've caused damage to others and myself unintentionally because of it,"</b></font> She glanced away, reverting to normal speech because it was difficult enough just to compile her thoughts on the matter together.<br />
<br />
<font style="color: #7fc2c8; font-variant: small-caps;"><b>"Speech."</b></font> <font style="color: #7fc2c8;"><em>Thoughts.</em></font></div></div>
@Erzsébet
She seem concerned and slightly uncomfortable by the liquid metal solidifying itself around her limbs but after a moment of shifting it would seem that she would accept them without a word of complaint. It was something that Ezzy could appreciate. They would slip into words of magic, the girl outlining her particular problems with the gifts that the gods had blessed her with. Control. It was something Erzsebet herself had never struggled with, maybe the fact that she was void of emotions left her able to completely focus on everything else. She would nod in respone to the girls words about control, seeming to accept in easy stride the girls transition from thinking to speaking her words. It was ususally easier on everyone if everyone who could speak spoke... She would talk of the lighting seeming to act on it's own and protect her and Ezzy would tip her head curiously at this statement. <i>'I would think it is controled by more your self concious then your concious mind.'</i> She would ponder easily, lifting one forepaw to tap pads softly against her chin. How very odd, how did one fix that? <i>'How is your relationship with the gods?'</i> She would ask. Maybe that was it, maybe the gods could give her guidance in this sutuation.

@Lux