Vindico

Full Version: Let's set this place on fire [OPEN SPAR]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is an open spar for practice only. I'm also down for 2v2

<br><center><div style="width: 540px; background-color: #000000; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/hlmp9VL.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat;  ">


<div style="width: 500px; background-color: transparent; color: #ffffff; font-family: calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:12px; text-align: justify; align: center; padding-top: 570px; padding-bottom: 20px;">

<P> She would meander in and out of the shadows, seeking for a suitable place to train for the day. She had lost her previous fight, only slightly, but a loss none the less. It seemed Paradise was in need to sharpen her skills, if she lost in a simple spar how could she protect her home and family? A sigh would slip silken lips, her limbs carrying her from land to land until she comes across Acinus. It was a simple area, though she didn't need anything beautiful for her training today. Her light jogging pace would slow down to a walk, taking only a few moments to gaze at the scenery she had only briefly seen before. She would find a wide open area, though she was missing one key thing. A partner. Her cranium would tip back, calling for someone near the area to fight against her. For now, she could simply wait and see who wishes to show. If anyone does, that is. She still wasn't sure how big Vindico was and how populated it is.

<P> Paradise Vs _____ for Spar round 0 of 2
  

</div></div></center>
<center><link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cinzel+Decorative' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><div style="background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/3g0j8XL.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom center; width: 480px; height: 800px; background-color: #fd3752; border-radius: 0px 90px; border: 3px solid #330000;">

<div style="text-align: justify; color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 11px; font-family: Arial; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px;margin:20px;text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #1f1612;width:420;height:380px;overflow:auto;"><font style="font-family: Cinzel Decorative; color: #000000; text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #1f1612;font-size: 30px; border-bottom: 1px solid #120908;">Robin Willowreaver</font><br><br><br><br>

Robin hadn't intended on straying far from the mountains, telling himself that he would remain within Caelum's borders. And yet his paws had carried him a good mile and a half to the west; he'd walked and walked until the stony peaks that marked his new home were too far behind him to be seen, seemingly endless stretches of grass taking their place, in addition to the occasional tree. The field was larger than any the young wolf had been in, before, but he decided that he more or less liked it; the air felt nice, there was a warm breeze blowing, and it was quiet. All in all, he had stumbled upon a pleasant place.

Suddenly, a howl pierced the silence, bringing his ears upright and making his body go rigid. It sounded like a gathering call...vaguely familiar, too, but Robin was still finding it difficult to remember all of the wolves he'd been meeting, so he didn't recognize it, at first. There were a lot of them.

Curious, the young wolf headed toward the source, making his way through the rippling sea of grass until he spotted a colorful figure up ahead. Surprisingly enough, it looked as though it was one of Indian's sisters...what was her name, again? Most of them had bird names, but he seemed to remember at least one who didn't. Paradise...? That sounded right.

Then again, what if it wasn't? Robin didn't want to offend the woman by calling her the wrong name. Maybe it'd be best if he just didn't say her name, at all.

<font style="font-weight: bold; color: #4A0B0B;">"H-hello, Miss,"</font> he said, inwardly scolding himself for being forgetful. <font style="font-weight: bold; color: #4A0B0B;">"I...h-heard your voice and t-thought that I knew i-it, so I came t-t-to check and s-see. Are you l-l-looking for someone?"</font>





<center><font style="font-weight: bold; color: #4A0B0B;">"Speaking"</font></center></div>
<div style="height: 420px;">&nbsp;</div>
</div>
Original Coding by Layla/fiftyblackroses</center>
<br><center><div style="width: 540px; background-color: #000000; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/hlmp9VL.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat;  ">



<div style="width: 500px; background-color: transparent; color: #ffffff; font-family: calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:12px; text-align: justify; align: center; padding-top: 570px; padding-bottom: 20px;">

<P> The last time she had sparred, Paradise had lost which gave her enough indication that she needed to practice more regularly in order to better defend herself. All of her previous wounds had healed long ago, only a few scrapes and bites had been inflicted upon her. Now, the ashen nymph felt like giving it another go, hoping to be victorious this time. The woman would simply stand and wait, hoping someone would show their face to greet her. Though, only silence welcomed her for the first few minutes, looking as though there was very little interest. Pity. Just as she was about to walk away and find something else to occupy her time, a scent would tickle her nose, and then she would see a man making himself visible. A soft smile would touch silken lips, before nodding to him in greeting. He was famililar, though she had yet to speak to him. She believed he was to timid for his own good and she felt the need to help in. He wouldn't last long otherwise. " Hello Robin, I'm Paradise Madar." Her sultry voice would call, giving a quick greeting. After all, she was only briefly introduced at the pack meeting, she couldn't blame the man if he had forgotten. She would tak a step forward so though, a great distance still clung between them [10 feet or so?] " I suppose I am looking for someone. Would you be interested in a little spar? Perhaps afterwards they can get to know each other a little better.

<P> Paradise Vs Robin for Spar round 0 of 2
  

</div></div></center>
<center><link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cinzel+Decorative' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><div style="background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/3g0j8XL.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom center; width: 480px; height: 800px; background-color: #fd3752; border-radius: 0px 90px; border: 3px solid #330000;">

<div style="text-align: justify; color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 11px; font-family: Arial; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px;margin:20px;text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #1f1612;width:420;height:380px;overflow:auto;"><font style="font-family: Cinzel Decorative; color: #000000; text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #1f1612;font-size: 30px; border-bottom: 1px solid #120908;">Robin Willowreaver</font><br><br><br><br>

One of Robin's ears twitched at the woman's words. He'd only ever sparred with his brothers, before, and it'd been such a long time since the last one that he felt a little...out-of-practice. Maybe now would be a good opportunity for him to get back into the swing of things. Indian had said something about a pack-wide sparring session that was coming up, and though the young wolf was confident in his abilities, a little practice before the actual practice seemed like it'd help.

<font style="font-weight: bold; color: #4A0B0B;">"Umm...s-sure,"</font> Robin said, his honey-toned eyes skimming her colored, feathered figure. She was definitely older than him, and a good deal larger, which the young wolf was, for once, somewhat thankful for. The style of fighting that he'd been taught only worked against opponents that were bigger than him, and he'd grown used to training with bulkier, stronger wolves, his brothers included. At the same time, there was no real way that he could judge Paradise's skills, so he wasn't sure what to expect. As far as he knew, she was the strongest and most capable fighter amongst her siblings.

Steeling himself, Robin spaced his legs apart and hunkered down in the beginnings of a defensive stance, his eyes set on the woman's. He'd let her make the first move.


Robin Vs. Paradise for Spar, Round 0 of 2


<center><font style="font-weight: bold; color: #4A0B0B;">"Speaking"</font></center></div>
<div style="height: 420px;">&nbsp;</div>
</div>
Original Coding by Layla/fiftyblackroses</center>
<br><center><div style="width: 540px; background-color: #000000; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/hlmp9VL.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat;  ">



<div style="width: 500px; background-color: transparent; color: #ffffff; font-family: calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:12px; text-align: justify; align: center; padding-top: 570px; padding-bottom: 20px;">

<P> As the boy before her agreed, she would quickly set out her defenses. Eyes slit, ears pinned, chin tucked, knees bent, weight evenly distributed, claws dug into ground for more stability, hackles raised, teeth bared, tail tucked, muscles tensed. Paradise would launch forward, aiming for her left shoulder to be aligned with Robins own left shoulder as she hoped to close the distance between them. She hoped to push her left shoulder forward, aiming to slam it into his left shoulder socket/joint in the hopes of severely bruising and dislocating to weaken him in the spar. Simultaneously, Paradise would open her jaws, aiming for Robins left side of the face. Top set of teeth aiming to pierce Robins left eye in the efforts to blind, while her bottom set of teeth aim to pierce the upper part of his cheek, regardless of whether she was successful or not, Para would Gnash her teeth together so in the hopes that she did make contact, she could try to disfigure his face. Para would lift up her left fore leg, redistributing her weight onto her other three limbs. She would aim to slam down her left forepaw violently down onto Robins own left fore paw in the hopes of spraining and even breaking the small bones in the paw.


<P> Paradise Vs Robin for Spar round 1 of 2?
  

</div></div></center>
Sorry this took so long, good luck! Skype me for any questions
<center><link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cinzel+Decorative' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><div style="background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/3g0j8XL.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom center; width: 480px; height: 800px; background-color: #fd3752; border-radius: 0px 90px; border: 3px solid #330000;">

<div style="text-align: justify; color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 11px; font-family: Arial; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px;margin:20px;text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #1f1612;width:420;height:380px;overflow:auto;"><font style="font-family: Cinzel Decorative; color: #000000; text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #1f1612;font-size: 30px; border-bottom: 1px solid #120908;">Robin Willowreaver</font><br><br><br><br>

The woman shot forward a few seconds later, and Robin could feel the muscles in his limbs tighten, bidding him to stay put despite the immediate, overwhelming impulse to dive out of the way of her charging form. For a moment it looked as though she intended on colliding with him, head-on, but then he noticed how she seemed to be favoring her left side, the one shoulder poised to ram into his own. Frowning, the young wolf side-stepped to his right in an attempt to dodge the attack, only to grit his teeth when their shoulders connected. The blow was enough to give him a nasty bruise, but it didn't feel as though the joint had popped out of its socket.

At the same exact moment, Paradise's jaws snapped at his face. Robin wrenched his head to the side, and the teeth lining the upper portion of the woman's maw nicked at the skin beneath his left eye, leaving a long cut in their wake. He felt it but ignored it, twisting his head around to gnash his own teeth at the woman's left ear in the hopes of catching it, all the while turning his body to the right so that he could line himself up with hers. Out of sight, her forepaw came down on his own, and he yanked it back, a slight yelp escaping his throat.

They were facing the same direction, now, and though Robin was a bit off-balance, holding his left forepaw above the ground as it throbbed with aches, he threw as much of his meager weight as he could at Paradise, his right flank colliding with her left in the hopes of making her stumble or even knocking her over.


Robin vs. Paradise for Spar, Round 1 of 2

<center><font style="font-weight: bold; color: #4A0B0B;">"Speaking"</font></center></div>
<div style="height: 420px;">&nbsp;</div>
</div>
Original Coding by Layla/fiftyblackroses</center>
<br><center><div style="width: 540px; background-color: #000000; background-image:url('http://i.imgur.com/hlmp9VL.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat;  ">


<div style="width: 500px; background-color: transparent; color: #ffffff; font-family: calibri, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height:12px; text-align: justify; align: center; padding-top: 570px; padding-bottom: 20px;">

<P> Her shoulder would successfully connect with his own, hoping she had caused at least bruising to her opponent. Her bite didn't land where intended, instead clamping down just below his eye. With little victory, she would begin raising her cranium back up, though as she did Robin would aim for her left ear, only to miss due to Paradises cranium raising back up. He would instead catch the lower portion of her left cheek, causing mild bleeding to surface. He was quick, shifting his body to line up with her own, though, to prevent this from happening Paradise would aim to take a few steps back [2-3 steps] in order for her shoulder to hopefully be aligned with his ribs. As he aimed to shove his weight into Paradise, at the same time Paradise would aim to counter his shove, aiming to shove her left shoulder in the center of his ribs in the hopes of fracturing them and limiting his ability to fight. Successful or not with her attempt to fracture the bones, she would raise up onto her hind limbs, redistributing her weight onto the two limbs, she would aim for her left forelimbs to wrap around his left shoulder for more balance while her right fore paw would aim to slam down onto Robins head, claws aiming to clench down on the top of his skull, in the hopes of disorientating him and causing him moderate pain. All the while defenses remained in tact: Ears pinned, eyes slit, teeth bared, hackles raised, tail tucked, claws clenched into ground for more stability, muscles tensed, cranium aligned with spine, legs bent slightly, weight evenly distributed.


<P> Paradise Vs Robin for Spar round 2 of 2
  

</div></div></center>
@Robin
<center><link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cinzel+Decorative' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><div style="background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/3g0j8XL.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom center; width: 480px; height: 800px; background-color: #fd3752; border-radius: 0px 90px; border: 3px solid #330000;">

<div style="text-align: justify; color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 11px; font-family: Arial; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px;margin:20px;text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #1f1612;width:420;height:380px;overflow:auto;"><font style="font-family: Cinzel Decorative; color: #000000; text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #1f1612;font-size: 30px; border-bottom: 1px solid #120908;">Robin Willowreaver</font><br><br><br><br>

The young wolf's teeth snapped loudly together, just missing the thin cartiledge of the woman's ear as she rose her head and settling for the soft, vulnerable flesh of her cheek. And out of the corner of the honey-toned hues of his eyes Robin caught her backing up a little. Not knowing what it was that she was up to, he impulsively braced himself for the inevitable collision of their bodies, the muscles in his small figure tensing, his slim, stiffened legs working at trying to drive him into Paradise by shoving him to the right. But then she moved to counter him, and Robin felt her shoulder connect with his ribs, a lance of pain shooting through his body. Gritting his teeth, he was sent stumbling a few inches away from her, fighting down the impulse to shrink away as he tried to regain his balance by spreading his legs apart and lowering his head to keep it at level with his shoulders, his red-and-white hackles raised.

Then the woman rose up on her hind legs, seeming to intend on coming down on him with her claws and superior weight. Robin could feel his ribs and left forepaw throbbing with pain, but he refused to let it cripple him any further, and as Paradise began her descent, pressing one paw into his shoulder, the young wolf twisted himself around, sacrificing his left shoulder to take the brunt of the woman's blow for a moment, his teeth bared, ears flattened against his skull, tail wrapped around one of his legs. Then he forced as much energy as he could into his back legs and sprang up, his forelimbs bending and hugging themselves to his chest, jaws opening as he attempted to bite into the exposed flesh of her underbelly.



Robin vs. Paradise for Spar, Round 2 of 2

<center><font style="font-weight: bold; color: #4A0B0B;">"Speaking"</font></center></div>
<div style="height: 420px;">&nbsp;</div>
</div>
Original Coding by Layla/fiftyblackroses</center>
<div style="text-align:justify; font-family:cambria; font-size:12px; line-height:15px; padding-left:75px; padding-right:75px;"><center><div style="font-size:24px; line-height:20px;"><b>PARADISE</b> vs <b>ROBIN</b> for <i>SPAR</i></div>

<b>[</b>   <i>judged by Saffie</i>   <b>]</b></center>

<div style="text-align:right; font-size:20px;">----- <i>ROUND ONE <b>!</b></i></div>
<b><i>PARADISE</i></b> -----
<b>clarity</b> -- 15 out of 15 <b>;;</b> Clear to me
<b>powerplay</b> -- 13 out of 15 <b>;;</b> “Gnash her teeth together so in the hopes that she did make contact, she could try to disfigure his face” you are forcing him to take some sort damage whether it be the maim or facial scaring -1, she must attempt to lift her foreleg because in theory, he could stop her -1
<b>defenses</b> -- 9 out of 10 <b>;;</b> Eyes slit, ears pinned, chin tucked, knees bent, weight evenly distributed, claws dug into ground for more stability, hackles raised, teeth bared, tail tucked
<b>attack</b> -- 7 out of 15 <b>;;</b> shoulder check +2, maim attempt +4, paw slam +1
<b>injuries</b> -- 15 out of 15 <b>;;</b> first round
<i><b>ROUND ONE PARADISE TOTAL</b></i> --- 59 out of 70

<b><i>ROBIN</i></b> -----
<b>clarity</b> -- 7 out of 15 <b>;;</b> what shoulder did Para hit? -1,  where did he get the bruise (point of shoulder, the socket, or the outer portion) -1,  which way did he jerk his head? -2, how severe was the cut beneath his eye? -1, where on her ear is he trying to grab? -1, what damage did he take to his paw? -2
<b>powerplay</b> -- 10 out of 15 <b>;;</b> he needs to ‘attempt’ to realign himself with her -2, you are assuming he successfully aligned himself with her and that he successfully hit her with his hip -3
<b>defenses</b> -- 0 out of 10 <b>;;</b> none listed
<b>attack</b> -- 5 out of 15 <b>;;</b> bite to the left ear +3, body slam +2
<b>injuries</b> -- 15 out of 15 <b>;;</b> first round
<i><b>ROUND ONE ROBIN TOTAL</b></i> --- 37 out of 70




<div style="text-align:right; font-size:20px;">----- <i>ROUND TWO <b>!</b></i></div>
<b><i>PARADISE</i></b> -----
<b>clarity</b> -- 13 out of 15 <b>;;</b> what damage did she take when they collided? -2,  
<b>powerplay</b> -- 10 out of 15 <b>;;</b> too much movement with raising her head, stepping back, shoving back and rearing up -3, I know its obvious but what legs did her weight shift to when she reared up -2,
<b>defenses</b> -- 10 out of 10 <b>;;</b> +1 for each seen
<b>attack</b> -- 4 out of 15 <b>;;</b> counter shove +2,  head thump +2
<b>injuries</b> -- 10 out of 15 <b>;;</b> severe bruise to shoulder -3,  mild lacerations to left cheek -2,
<i><b>ROUND TWO PARADISE TOTAL</b></i> --- 47 out of 70

<b><i>ROBIN</i></b> -----
<b>clarity</b> -- 7 out of 15 <b>;;</b> what damage did he take to his ribs? -2, what side of his ribs did she hit? -2,  what shoulder did her paw hit? -2, how did he twist around? -2
<b>powerplay</b> -- 13 out of 15 <b>;;</b> he needs to attempt to reposition himself -2,
<b>defenses</b> -- 6 out of 10 <b>;;</b> legs spread, head level with shoulders, hackles raised, ear bared, ears pinned, tail tucked
<b>attack</b> -- 3 out of 15 <b>;;</b> bite to underbelly +3
<b>injuries</b> -- 11 out of 15 <b>;;</b> moderate bruise to ribs -2, moderate bruise to shoulder -2
<i><b>ROUND TWO ROBIN TOTAL</b></i> --- 40 out of 70




<div style="text-align:right; font-size:20px;">----- <i>TOTALS <b>!</b></i></div>
<i><b>PARADISE</b></i> --- 106 out of 140 ( +1 middle rank) = <b>107 out of 140</b>
<i><b>ROBIN</b></i> --- 77 out of 140 ( +1 middle rank, -3 under a year, -1 for 5 inch height difference ) = <b>74 out of 140</b>

<center><b>PARADISE</b> is the winner! Robin must give up by either passing out, submitting, or fleeing!</center>


<div style="text-align:right; font-size:20px;">----- <i>INJURIES <b>!</b></i></div>
<i>Paradise</i> severe bruise to shoulder (7 ooc days), mild lacerations to left cheek (3 ooc days)<BR>
<i>Robin</i> severe bruise to shoulder (7 ooc days), moderate laceration beneath his left eye (5 ooc days), moderate bruising to forepaw (5 ooc days)

<div style="text-align:right; font-size:20px;">----- <i>NOTES <b>!</b></i></div>
<i>Luis – your posts were very clear and you had good attacks, just remember to give your opponent the option to take damage or not. <BR>Agent -  your posts were clear, but you lost major posts by not including defenses, include them in every post for easy points, also try more complex attacks.</i></div>
<center><link href='http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cinzel+Decorative' rel='stylesheet' type='text/css'><div style="background-image: url('http://i.imgur.com/3g0j8XL.jpg'); background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: bottom center; width: 480px; height: 800px; background-color: #fd3752; border-radius: 0px 90px; border: 3px solid #330000;">

<div style="text-align: justify; color: #FFFFFF; font-size: 11px; font-family: Arial; letter-spacing: 1px; line-height: 15px; padding: 30px;margin:20px;text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #1f1612;width:420;height:380px;overflow:auto;"><font style="font-family: Cinzel Decorative; color: #000000; text-shadow: 0px 0px 3px #1f1612;font-size: 30px; border-bottom: 1px solid #120908;">Robin Willowreaver</font><br><br><br><br>

His teeth met their mark and, though the bite was relatively weak, Robin was somewhat happy that he had been able to land another blow. No sooner had that happened did the woman come down on him, but the young wolf ducked out from under her, not wanting to be crushed by her superior size. Then he staggered a few steps back from her, the adrenaline that had been coursing through his small body beginning to fade away, allowing all of the pain that he had been ignoring up until this point to seep back in. It seemed to start in his toes, his left forepaw throbbing so much that he had to lift it, unwilling to make the pain worse by putting any weight on it. Then all four of his limbs felt as though they were aching, not to mention his shoulder, and the cut beneath his eye was welling up with blood.

<font style="font-weight: bold; color: #4A0B0B;">"A-alright. You w-w-win, fair and sq-square,"</font> Robin said, sounding a bit tired as he looked over at Paradise. Then the smallest of smiles grew on his face. <font style="font-weight: bold; color: #4A0B0B;">"You're a r-really good f-fighter. I haven't done a-any spars in a while, so I'm out of pr-practice and...I need to train s-some more..."</font>

He couldn't help but hang his head a little as the words left his mouth. The last time that he had sparred had been with Argus...which seemed like forever ago. And he'd lost, unsurprisingly. His brothers had always bested him in spars, but they'd been kind enough not to rub it in his face, claiming that he should be proud of himself for being smarter than they were as opposed to stronger. Losing now was a bit of a disappointment, but it only meant that he would need to focus on fighting, more, and getting his skills up to par. Caelum deserved only the best warriors.

The young wolf sat down, looking up and down Paradise's form with a concerned expression emerging on his face. <font style="font-weight: bold; color: #4A0B0B;">"Y-you're not seriously hurt or anything, a-are you...? I mean, I know I didn't d-do much, but..."</font>





<center><font style="font-weight: bold; color: #4A0B0B;">"Speaking"</font></center></div>
<div style="height: 420px;">&nbsp;</div>
</div>
Original Coding by Layla/fiftyblackroses</center>
Pages: 1 2